Welcome to UIS Global
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Skype: awesome.saranyaEmail Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the US Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your visa application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
How to Apply for Your F-1 Student Visa
Visa Interview Preparation for Students
All students are required to secure their own housing before arrival. On and off campus options are available to all students.
Options available here:
Instructions on how to apply are available here:
You will need to complete and submit the following form(s) before your arrival:
- Immunization Requirement: Complete this mandatory health and immunization requirement prior to your arrival and bring it with you to campus.
- Enter your visa information on iStart. This must be completed in order to register for classes.
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit UIS Global’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a US credit card or US bank account to make your payment.
There are many things to consider when preparing for university, let alone moving to a new country! To make your transition to the US easier, we’ve put together a list of everyday necessities.
We’ve partnered with campusSIMS to help connect you with mobile phone service. Get your US phone number in your home country and have service that’s ready to use as soon as you land. Click here to get your free SIM card.
campusSIMS helps international students get connected with mobile phone service in the US. Through campusSIMS’ exclusive partner Mint Mobile, students can sign up and get their US phone number while in their home country, and have mobile phone service ready to use as soon as they land.
Students can get low-cost, reliable mobile phone service starting at as low as $15 per month that includes:
- A free SIM card
- Unlimited talk and text
- High speed data
- Nationwide coverage on the fastest, most advanced network
For more information, visit campussims.com.
Center for Academic Success
A website with access to virtual tutors, career advisors, and online resources to help you throughout your university studies
Do you need to improve your academic skills or study habits? Do you need help preparing for an exam or presentation? Are you confused about CPT/OPT or don’t even know what career field is best for you? Shorelight’s Center for Academic Success has friendly online academic skills and subject area tutors along with expert career advisors to help you with these questions and many more!
Maybe you would also enjoy completing a short eLearning workshop at your own pace? Those are available, too, on topics ranging from Academic Integrity to How to Make American Friends—and everything in between! If you’re short on time, try one of the live or recorded webinars.
Give your learning journey the support you need by signing up for a free account today! Here’s how:
2. Click the orange “Sign up now” button to request access.
3. On the sign up form, type your given name and family name as you are registered at your university.
4. Type any email address (personal or university, etc.). You will need to access your email to verify your address.
5. Create a password with at least one special character and 6-50 characters total.
6. Type your password again. Write it down or save it in your browser.
7. Type the full name of your university, not just the abbreviation. Your status must be checked.
8. Check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions (feel free to read those first).
9. Optional: Sign up for our newsletter by checking the last box.
10. Click the large orange button that says, “Start your learning journey.”
11. You’ll be asked to verify your email address next. In your inbox, you’ll see two emails from us. Open them and click the link to verify your email address. Check your spam folder if you don’t see the two emails.
12. You’ll receive an email within two business days to let you know that your account is approved (or if not, how to fix the problem).
13. Return to the Home page linked above (or in the email) to log in when your account access has been approved.
If you encounter any technical trouble, just use the Live Chat button at the bottom of our Home page.